+61 2 8970 8347 / Toll Free- 1300 216 228

+977-1-4545597 / 4545598

Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC)

International applicants planning to travel to or work in Australia are expected to apply for the Overseas Visitor Health Cover or OVHC. Several visa categories fall under this policy, namely:
⦁ Visitor Visas: Subclasses 300, 590, 600, 601
⦁ Bridging Visas
⦁ Working Visas: Subclasses 482, 485, 400 etc.
⦁ Working Holiday Visas: Subclasses 417 & 462

If you are a recent international graduate and are applying for your Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485), you will need to switch from OSHC to OVHC to meet the health requirements. The different types of OVHC policies differ in costs, eligibility, and benefits. Most of these policies will cover medically required hospital admissions and a portion of the doctor’s fees.
Unlike the OSHC, the OVHC enables you to purchase a general treatment cover. This cover pays benefits for the services of health care providers in private practice such as dentists, optometrists, and physiotherapists. The insurance can cover a part of these costs, while you can cover the rest.
Most OVHC policies cover limited pharmaceutical expenses. Therefore, it is crucial to pick the right policy that covers your requirements. There are various health policies that you can choose depending on the nature of your visa application.
You can also note that OSHC policies have a pre-purchase scheme covering your entire academic duration and stay. On the other hand, the OVHC policy cost can be paid monthly.

Open chat
Can we help you?